Hi there. This is CAT Stanley. For those of you who don’t already know me, I’m the official “spokescat” for CATalyst Council. An important job, to be sure.
I’ve just been told that February is Cat Appreciation Month. Okay, my first thought is why isn’t every month Cat Appreciation Month. After all, we’re the #1 companion animal. We have it all over dogs as pets. We’re beautiful creatures, every last one of us. We’re also intelligent, clever, entertaining, fun. We have to be one of the most captivating animals on the planet. Why, the ancient Egyptians even thought of us as gods. Can we go back to those days?
All right. Maybe demanding that every month be Cat Appreciation Month is too much. I guess we’ll just have to settle for one month out of the year. But this is it! This is February; so this is Cat Appreciation Month. Let’s all celebrate!
And while we’re celebrating, there are some people that we cats would like to thank also.
- We’d like to thank all our CATalyst Council members and all of our CATalystas for being such strong and outspoken supporters for us.
- We’d also like to thank all of our CATalyst Council sponsors. Without you, we wouldn’t be able to do all the good work we’re doing.
- We want to mention (and thank) the Winn Feline Foundation, a non-profit organization that supports studies to improve cat health. They’ll soon be announcing the projects funded for 2012. To date, Winn has funded over $4 million in health research for cats at more than 30 partner institutions world-wide. Their work is essential in keeping me and my feline brethren healthy.
- Though visiting the veterinarian isn’t one of our favorite past-times, we still would like to thank all the veterinarians and the veterinary staff that work so hard to keep us all healthy. An especially big thanks to those of you who take special steps to make your animal hospitals and veterinary clinics cat-friendly. That means a lot to us, particularly when we’re scared and nervous about visiting our veterinarian.
- Lastly, we owe a big thanks to those of you who love us and see to our daily needs. Though we may treat you like our staff (after all, we do have a reputation to maintain!), your efforts do not go unnoticed or unappreciated!